Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thursday, March 5th

Learning Targets:
I can explain where the Oregon Territory is and why people migrated there
I can explain how Texas became a state
I know the outcome and importance of the Battle of the Alamo

I know the outcome and importance of the Battle of San Jacinto

I can locate the Rio Grande
I can analyze the painting by John Gast and identify 4 groups
I can explain the concept of Manifest Destiny

What we did:
1. Starter: Why did these groups move west: Mormons and Oregon Settlers

2. Periods 5, 6, and 7 corrected the Expansion Map and turned it in.

3. All classes took notes on Ch. 10.

If you were absent:
1. Do the Starter
2. Be sure to get a GOLD "Ch. 10 Westward Expansion" Packet for then the notes from the BLUE binder.
3. Using the PowerPoint "Ch. 10 Expanding West Notes" found in the "Notes..." tab at the top, fill in your handout.

Homework assigned or turned in:
*Expansion Map, 44 pts, turned in TODAY

No comments:

Post a Comment