Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Monday, April 25th

Learning Target: 
I can site at least 5 facts about Harriet Tubman and empathize with the slaves.

Agenda: 
1. Starter
2. Reviewed the history of American Slavery
3. Introduced the Underground Railroad Simulation and found out roles.

Starter: 
Write the directions only:
uRead the lyrics to “Swing Low, Sweet Chariot” and write down what you think the hidden message is.
uChorus:
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home;
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Comin' for to carry me home.
uI looked over Jordan,
And WHAT did I see,
Comin' for to carry me home,
A band of angels
comin' after me,
Comin' for to carry me home.
uRepeat chorus:
If you get there before I do,
Comin' for to carry me home,
Tell all my friends I'm
comin' too,
Comin' for to carry me
home.
If you were absent: 
1. Do the Starter
2. Come see me about your role in the simulation.
3. Read slides 17-21 of this PowerPoint to learn how the simulation works.

Assignments turned in: 
None

New Assignments to get from Blue Binder:
None

No comments:

Post a Comment